Quick and easy! This healthy, no mayo chicken salad recipe is made with Greek yogurt, a touch of sour cream, spices, fresh dill, shredded chicken, celery, grapes, diced apple and walnuts! It’s a warm weather favorite, the perfect side for your upcoming cookout or barbeque (see also: Greek Yogurt Egg Salad & Cucumber And Onion Salad)! Greek yogurt chicken salad is also a great make-ahead lunch if you’re getting a little tired of sandwiches. High-protein, low carb, gluten free goodness. The best part? It’s ready in just 20 minutes!
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
A QUICK OVERVIEW – MAKING GREEK YOGHURT CHICKEN SALAD:
- Start by measuring your Greek yoghurt, sour cream, spices and chopped fresh dill into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
- Stir in shredded chicken, celery and fruit. Mix until all ingredients are well coated in dressing.
- Chill and serve!
Shredded chicken: For this recipe, you’ll want to either buy pre-shredded chicken at the grocery store or make your own. I’ve started making shredded chicken in bulk on the weekend and freezing it in 2 cup portions to use in weeknight cooking. (*Note: If you choose to purchase pre-shredded chicken, you will most likely find it in the frozen food section or the fresh/refrigerated area in the deli. You can also use canned chicken)!
HOW TO EAT YOUR CHICKEN SALAD:
There are so many ways to enjoy chicken salad! Wrap it in a low-carb or gluten free tortilla with a big piece of romaine lettuce or use it as a dip of sorts for pretzels and sliced veggies (think cucumber, pickles, carrots, zucchini, etc). A chicken salad sandwich is always and winner and of course, it’s delicious all on it’s own or as a dinner/barbeque side dish!
IS CHICKEN SALAD KETO?
This chicken salad recipe is definitely keto-friendly, but it is very high in protein. The keto diet focuses on having the majority of your calories comes from healthy fats, so if you’re trying to stick really closely to a keto diet I’d suggest using full fat Greek yogurt, a little less shredded chicken, and diced avocado as a substitute for grapes and apples!
20 Minute Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper *fresh ground is tastiest in my opinion!
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill *chopped *dried will work fine, also.
- 1.5 lbs. shredded chicken *see note below
- ⅔ cup red, seedless grapes *halved
- 1 small apple *diced
- 2 large celery stalks *diced
- 2 tablespoons walnuts *chopped
Recipe notes:Shredded chicken: For this recipe, you’ll want to either buy pre-shredded chicken at the grocery store or make your own. I’ve started making shredded chicken in bulk on the weekend and freezing/refrigerating it in 2 cup portions to use in weekday cooking. (*Note: If you choose to purchase pre-shredded chicken, you will most likely find it in the frozen food section or the fresh/refrigerated area in the deli. You can also use canned chicken)!
- Start by measuring Greek yoghurt, sour cream, spices and dill into a large mixing bowl. Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
- Cut your grapes in half, dice apple and celery and chop walnuts. Add all ingredients to the mixing bowl along with shredded chicken.
- Stir ingredients together until they are all well coated with dressing.
- Chill and serve!
IF YOU LOVED IT…
Please share this post, scroll down to comment or leave star rating in the recipe card above!