Chocolate chip baked oatmeal is the perfect, healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth! It’s an easy breakfast, brunch, dessert or snack. The whole family will love this scrumptious combo of whole oats, pecans, sweet ripe bananas and dark chocolate chips. Whip up this gluten free treat in 30 minutes!
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A QUICK RUNDOWN – MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP BAKED OATMEAL
Keep scrolling down to find complete instructions for this recipe. I’ll start here with a quick overview!
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl and use a fork to mash. Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk to combine. Then add milk, syrup and melted butter. Whisk again.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and pecans (reserve some pecans to sprinkle on top if desired).
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into the dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden on top.
HOW TO STORE & REHEAT BAKED OATMEAL:
Allow your oatmeal to cool completely and tightly cover it with plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate for 3-4 days. If you want to freeze your oatmeal, cut it into squares after it has cooled and place them in a zip lock bag or air tight, freezer-safe food storage container. Freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat your baked oatmeal simply microwave squares for 30-90 seconds!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BAKED OATMEAL:
- A berry medley (strawberries, blueberries & blackberries)
- Greek Yoghurt
- Eggs & Bacon
- Ice cream!
- Whole grain oatmeal will work best for this recipe. You can use quick oats but typically the dish will be a bit more dry if you go this route.
- You can also use this recipe to make baked oatmeal cups! Lightly spray a 12 cavity muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Portion batter into the tin and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes until muffin tops are a nice golden brown color.
Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas *see note below
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 & ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk *or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons salted butter *melted & slightly cooled
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup *see note below
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 2 & ½ cup whole grain oats *see note below
Recipe notes:Ripe bananas: using super ripe bananas will make your baked oatmeal sweeter! I always let my bananas sit on the counter for AT LEAST a few days before I mash them up. Maple syrup: substitute sugar-free maple syrup, honey or agave if preferred.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in your eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add milk, melted butter & maple syrup. Whisk again.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Pour batter into your baking dish and sprinkle some additional pecans on top (optional).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden on top.
- Allow baked oatmeal to cool, cut into squares and serve! If desired, drizzle honey, agave or additional maple syrup on your oatmeal for a sweeter treat.
- Place oatmeal squares in an airtight food storage container or zip lock baggie. Refrigerate for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat your oatmeal squares, simply microwave for 30-90 seconds!
IF YOU LOVED IT…
Please share this post, scroll down to leave a comment or leave star rating in the recipe card above!