Need an easy homemade guacamole recipe? You’ve come to the right place! This quick, simple recipe takes only six ingredients and ten minutes. Guacamole makes a great side dish and it’s the perfect appetizer for any party. Plus, it’s low carb, gluten free, vegan and packed with healthy fats.
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Is guacamole good for you?
Guacamole is full of healthy fats, which makes it high calorie, but low-carb. Healthy fats are an important part of a balanced diet and can help keep you full. Guacamole is definitely a keto-friendly food and good for you in moderation!
How much guacamole per person?
This recipe makes enough guacamole for 4-5 people. As a general rule of thumb, I like to use one large avocado for 2 people. I’ve never come up short when following this guideline!
Where is guacamole in the grocery store?
If you don’t have time to make your own guacamole, you can buy it pre-made at the grocery store. Typically you’ll find it in the refrigerated area of the produce section or in the deli.
- One great thing about making your own guacamole at home? You have total control over the texture! Simply mash your mixture less if you like it chunkier.
- If you don’t have any tomatoes, try adding 1-2 tablespoons of salsa instead!
- Feel free to get creative with your guacamole, try different mix-ins and spices. Sometimes I like to add a little diced red onion, chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes (for some spice)! Diced jalapenos are also delicious.
Easy Homemade Guacamole
- 2 large ripe avocados *see note below
- 1 roma tomato, diced *see note below
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic *about 1 large clove *see note below
- salt & pepper to taste
Recipe notes:Ripe avocados: if your avocados aren’t ripe enough they will be really hard to mash. Ripe avocados will have a little give when pressed with your fingers. Let them sit for a day or two if they aren’t quite ready yet. Roma tomato: other varieties of tomatoes will work fine! You can also use a 2-3 tablespoons of salsa in place of tomatoes. Minced garlic: I recommend keeping a jar of pre-minced garlic on hand. It’s such a nice thing to have around, a big time saver! Garlic powder can be used as a substitute in this recipe, but may not taste quite as fresh.
- Dice your tomato and cut avocados in half. Remove avocado seeds. If making ahead, save one seed to store with your guacamole (this will help slow browning).
- Scoop avocado into a small mixing bowl. Add diced tomato, minced garlic and lime juice. (I typically use juice from ½ of a lime. If you like the citrus flavor, you can use a whole lime)!
- Mash ingredients together with a fork until desired texture is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chips & salsa if desired. Enjoy!
TRY YOUR HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE WITH:
- Beef Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Taco Salad Bowls With Shredded Chicken
- Homemade Crispy Kale Chips
IF YOU LOVED IT…
Please share this post! Scroll down to leave a comment, or leave a star rating in the recipe card above!