Kale chips?! That’s right friends. And they are REALLY good.
If you’ve been having trouble using up all of that kale you bought in an attempt to add some more nutritious foods to your weekly meal plan, this healthy, delicious snack is exactly what you need. Homemade kale chips are SO easy and they’re incredibly tasty.
You’ll use up all of those greens in no time. Let’s do it!
*Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE KALE CHIPS:
- Kale: healthy and hearty. Gimme those greens!
- Extra virgin olive oil: adds flavor and coats leaves allowing salt and pepper to stick.
- Salt: for a little extra crunch, I like using kosher or sea salt. Regular works fine too.
- Pepper: fresh ground pepper for some spice!
HOW DO YOU MAKE KALE CHIPS IN THE OVEN – A QUICK OVERVIEW!
Keep scrolling for complete recipe and instructions. We’ll start here with a super quick rundown!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse kale and pat dry.
- Remove leaves from stems and chop into “chip” sized pieces, place them in a small mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands and gently massage oil into leaves and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Line kale leaves on a baking sheet (I prefer to cover my baking sheet in foil for easier cleanup, but this is optional).
- Bake leaves for 3 minutes. Flip and bake for 2-3 more.
- Remove chips and allow them to cool. Enjoy!
- When baking your chips, watch them carefully as delicate kale leaves will cook fast and burn easily. If you like a bit of extra crisp and brown color, you can bake them a little longer, just keep a close eye on the oven!
- If you feel like mixing it up, try different types of seasonings on your kale chips like adobo seasoning, hickory smoked sea salt or zaatar spice blend.
- I highly recommend pairing kale chips with some homemade guacamole. So delicious!
- Store baked kale chips in a Ziploc baggie for 2-3 days. This will keep them nice and crispy so you can enjoy them throughout the week.
STEP BY STEP PHOTOS:
RECIPE FOR KALE CHIPS:
How To Make Amazing Crispy Kale Chips In The Oven!
- 3 cups kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of kosher salt *see note below
- pinch of pepper *see note below
Recipe notes:Kosher salt: If you feel like mixing it up, you can try different types of seasonings/salt on your kale chips like adobo seasoning, hickory smoked sea salt or zaatar spice blend! Regular salt also works fine. Pepper: fresh ground pepper from a grinder tastes best in my opinion, however, regular ground pepper will also work!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse kale and pat dry. Remove leaves from stems and chop into "chip" sized pieces. Place chopped leaves into a small bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands and gently massage oil into leaves and then sprinkle with salt, pepper (feel free to try different seasonings if you want)!
- Line kale leaves on a large baking sheet (I prefer to cover my baking sheet in foil for easier cleanup, but this is optional).
- Bake leaves for 3 minutes. Flip and bake for 2-3 more. (Tip *check your chips often as they will burn quickly and easily. If you like a crispier chip with more browned color you can leave them in for longer, just keep a close eye on the oven).
- Remove chips, allow them to cool, and enjoy! (Tip *try eating your chips with a little bit of homemade guacamole. So delicious)!
- Store your baked kale chips in a Ziploc bag for 2-3 days!
MORE HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS:
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- The Best Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies
- PB, Chocolate & Banana Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- Easy Homemade Guacamole
- Healthy Apple & Red Pear Dessert Nachos
- Blueberry Banana & Pecan Baked Oatmeal Cups