This no-bake gingerbread cheesecake recipe is super simple and easy to make! On top of that it’s impressively gorgeous, and insanely delicious. You are going to LOVE this recipe featuring velvety cream cheese, molasses and chopped ginger atop a crunchy graham cracker crust. These amazing Christmastime flavors will have you singing all your favorite carols.
*Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A QUICK RUNDOWN – MAKING EASY NO-BAKE GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE
Keep scrolling down to find complete instructions for this recipe. I’ll start here with a quick overview!
- Take cream cheese out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- While waiting for cream cheese to come to room temperature, make your crust.
- Place cream cheese in a large mixing bowl along with softened, unsalted butter. Use an electric mixer to combine.
- Mix in sour cream, sugar, molasses, chopped ginger paste, vanilla, salt & cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip heavy cream on high until still peaks form.
- Transfer whip cream to the mixing bowl containing all other ingredients and fold together.
- Get your crust out and make a layer of gingerbread cookies on top of the crust. (totally optional but SO yummy).
- Use a spatula to transfer cheesecake filling into the crust and evenly spread it into the pan.
- Combine all ingredients for molasses drizzle and whisk together. Chill overnight.
- Drizzle cheesecake with sauce and serve!
- I like to add a layer of gingerbread cookies to this cheesecake (I don’t dip them in chocolate when when using them for this cheesecake). You can also purchase cookies at the store if you don’t have time to make them.
- When you mix cream cheese and butter together, be sure your butter is very soft. If the butter isn’t soft enough you may end up with tiny flecks throughout your filling. It will still taste great, but a super smooth, velvety texture is preferable.
- I know it’s very tempting to indulge in your cheesecake right away, but I highly recommend letting it chill overnight, this will ensure it is fully set and comes out of the spring form pan easily!
Easy No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter *melted
Gingerbread Cheesecake Filling
- 2 eight oz bars cream cheese *at room temperature *see note
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter *softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger paste *see note
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream *see note
Molasses & Ginger Drizzle
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon chopped ginger paste
Recipe notes:Cream cheese: make sure to buy full-fat cream cheese. Reduced fat options will result in a less creamy and less well-set cheesecake. Chopped ginger paste: chopped ginger paste can usually be found in the produce section of your local grocery store. I normally find it beside the fresh herbs that need to be refrigerated, it’s typically in a small tube or jar. Heavy whipping cream: leave heavy whipping cream in the refrigerator until you are ready to whip it. Warm cream will be harder to work with.
- Take cream cheese out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature, 30 minutes out of the refrigerator should do the trick. Gather all of your ingredients and make your graham cracker crust while you wait for your cream cheese to soften.
- Open one package of graham crackers and place them in a food processor or a large zip lock baggie. One package of crackers should amount to approximately one cup of crumbs.
- Crush graham crackers into crumbs that are fairly even in size using your food processor or a rolling pin. Measure one cup of crumbs into a small mixing bowl (if you crush one package of graham crackers and come up a little bit short, open another pack and crush 1-2 more crackers).
- Add brown sugar to crumbs and whisk until well combined.
- Melt unsalted butter and add to the mixing bowl. Use a spoon or small spatula to mix the butter into the crumbs. Mix until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of a 7" spring form pan and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to add filling.
- Place room temperature cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Microwave unsalted butter for 10-15 seconds and add it to the bowl. Use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese and butter. Mix until smooth.
- Add sour cream, sugar, molasses, chopped ginger paste, vanilla, salt and ground cinnamon. Mix again until all ingredients are well combined, scraping the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula when necessary. Set aside.
- Take out another small mixing bowl. Measure cold heavy whipping cream into the bowl. Mix on high until stiff peaks form (this will take around 4-5 minutes).
- Use a spatula to transfer whipped cream into the large mixing bowl containing all other ingredients. Fold the ingredients together gently until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Take your pie crust out of the refrigerator and place a layer of gingerbread cookies on top of the crust (optional and very delicious)! I use these gingerbread cookies but I don't dip them in chocolate when using them in this cheesecake.
- Transfer cheesecake filling into your spring form pan and spread it smoothly into the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a small bowl or glass Pyrex measuring cup, combine ingredients for drizzle/glaze (molasses, powdered sugar and chopped ginger paste). Whisk together and cover with plastic wrap. Chill overnight.
- When you are ready to serve your cheesecake, remove from spring form pan and drizzle with glaze. Set additional glaze to the side so guests can add extra if the prefer. Enjoy!
Other holiday desserts you may enjoy:
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Molasses Cookies
- Eggnog Pumpkin Pie
- Chocolate & Orange Holiday Dessert Sangria
If you loved it…
Please share this post, scroll down to leave a comment or leave a star rating in the recipe card above!